Thursday, December 22, 2011

Frye Creek Camping

It all started when I said that I might have a work trip in the Grand Canyon. The trip would take me away for about three weeks. So Bec decided that she didn't want to be hanging around and decided to go on a trip with her sister Jess and take Azure along. Well I'll make this short, My work trip fell through but the girls trip to Peru did not. This left me at home with the little man. While the girls were gone Bjorn and I made sure to invite ourselves over to friends homes for dinner as much as possible and go on our dream camping trip. Here are the photos from our Frye Creek experience.

Bjorn and I parked the truck where it got really rough and hiked to the water slides.

I let you in on the theme of the trip, it is Bjorn. I don't have one  picture without him.

I was climbing down a section to get us closer to the granite pools. As I took a picture of Bjorn he took a picture of me. He does this every once and a while.

This is one of the granite pools with the large waterfall in the background. A few years ago a friend and I kayaked the upper granite pools and stopped at the water fall above the large water fall. Then we pushed our boats over the edge, making it easier to get the boats out of the canyon.

The water was cold but Bjorn still wanted in, but not all the way in. So here he is throwing rocks.

Bjorn really wanted to get back in the water. Here we are at the Frye Creek Reservoir.

This is the next morning in our tent. The night before I popped some popcorn and we sat on a rock prow over looking the valley. This was one of the things that Bjorn recalls the most about the trip. It was great.

Breakfast

Snack juice box

At the base of the lower water fall / water slide.

Cold

Warm

Clean.

1 comment:

Arabeth said...

Wow I can look at that little guy all day! He sure is cute just incase you didnt know!