This boat type is normally an open boat with exposed frames and not watertight compartments. So, as soon as I got to making the cabinets for the inside of the boat, progress slowed quit a bit. So I started with the bulkheads.
Here is a story board. In order to cut the decking to be just so, I need to use a story board to get measurements. Once I had all the distances and angles, I was able to align the bottom of the storyboard on the sheet I was cutting and then re-create all the points. Then lines were faired between the points to get the shape of the final decking. It's a great method.
I sat looking for hours trying to decide which way a hatch lid should open and how to configure the gutter system as you can see here.
More gutters from a different angle.
I offset the hatch lid so that we could get some of our equipment into the hull for safe keeping.
Close-up of the gutters. I wanted to include enough images of this part of the construction for reference later. I spent days sitting on the boat trying to decide how to do this. Next boat should go quicker.
Here is another piece of the decking that was scribed using a story board.
No comments:
Post a Comment